Nomad (Click to preview tracks)
By: Lotus
Artist Info: http://www.jambase.com/artists/artist.aspx?artistID=2451
I have been a fan of this group for a while now, and I find all of their music to be quite rewarding to listen to. Lotus falls into the jam band community where studio albums are not as frequently listened to as the recorded live performances. However, this band's studio album "Nomad" is a piece of music that flourishes from start to finish. It all begins with the inviting track "Suitcases" that sets the tone for what is to come, it then passes through the timeless track "Spiritualize" on its way to the calming finish in "Colorado". I have chosen this album as my first recommendation because it is an infectious album that gets better the more you listen to it, every song is uniquely enticing, and I feel it encompasses a type of music that can be enjoyed as the forefront of your attention as well as a perfect background album for a get together or driving in your car.
Live Performance Attended: The Orange Peel in Asheville, NC. November 7, 2008
-As a Lotus fan I expected good things, and this band exceeded my expectations tremendously. I highly recommend seeing this band live to anyone. Some of their live soundboard recordings can be obtained at http://www.livedownloads.com/.
No comments:
Post a Comment