by: The Black Seeds
Artist Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Seeds
A close friend of mine presented this album to me, and to be honest I did not expect to find that much enjoyment out of the album. Being human, once again I found myself mistaken. To preface my experience I would like to include a noteworthy piece of information about the band, Bret from the HBO comedy "Flight of the Conchords" is a member of the group. The first song "Sometimes Enough" was all it took to gain my full attention, which evolved into admiration following my exposure to the song "Cool Me Down". Typically the rhythmic vibes of Reggae music are for a certain place, or certain time in my musical atmosphere. However, The Black Seeds have truly become an addiction, and this album has caused me to enjoy their music at an exponential rate (I would also recommend their album "On The Sun" informally b/c I cannot resist it). The next step would be "Love For Property", needless to say without ignoring any tracks especially the vaguely funky "Give And Take". As trite as it may be, this album portrays to me the expression "Do not judge a book by its cover". This should always hold true to me even if a celebrity is involved, and/or it is a type of music I only listen to given certain specifications.
"Typically the rhythmic vibes of Reggae music are for a certain place, or certain time in my musical atmosphere."
ReplyDeletetee hee hee